At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
With 96% of smartphone users already using WhatsApp, there is no need for them to download anything else to use Vahan’s job assistant. We are now reaching over 100K job seekers per month across 1206 cities in India, the product generates millions of data points every month.
Data is at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team to help us make informed decisions across Product, Operations, Sales and Marketing.
- Collaborate with Product, Design and Engineering to discover user needs hidden in vast amounts of data and make smarter decisions to deliver a better user experience.
- Understand and translate statistics and analytics to address business problems and design data-driven solutions to meet customer needs.
- Devise and utilize algorithms and models to mine massive data, perform data and error analysis to improve models, and clean and validate data for uniformity and accuracy.
- Communicate findings in an interactive form to all stakeholders and help shape strategy across the company.
- Enable smarter business processes — and implement relevant analytics and reporting tools.
- Work as the lead data strategist, identifying and integrating new datasets that can be leveraged through our product capabilities and work closely with the engineering team to strategize and execute the development of data products
Why you’ll LOVE this job:
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
Compensation will be commensurate with experience (cash + bonus + equity)
- BS/MS in a quantitative discipline: Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or Economics
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience working with large amounts of real data with SQL (Teradata, Oracle, or MySQL) and R, or other statistical package.
- Excellent working knowledge of Python / Java / R / C++.
- Experience in a Unix/Linux environment for automating processes with shell scripting.
- Experience with consumer internet products.
- Ability to translate business objectives into actionable analyses.
- Ability to communicate findings clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Expertise in applied statistics, understanding of controlled experiments.
- Cross-cultural background and experience.
- Passion for creating positive social impact
- Collaborative, organized, and detail-oriented
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills