Operations Associate (Full-Time)
At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We are looking for an operations associate in Bangalore, India to manage the growth and optimization of the job seeker (supply) network associated with the Vahan platform. The role will focus on acquisition strategy & engagement of low-skilled workers in the blue collar/ grey collar space (for eg. drivers & delivery professionals, BPO/ tele-calling/ data entry, house-keeping & support staff, field sales etc.)
The individual will need to develop scalable processes to acquire, engage and retain job seekers. This requires a commitment to operational excellence, as well as creative thinking with a strong customer-centric mindset.
This role calls for versatile profiles that have a knack for solving problems along with the ability to push new initiatives, positively challenge the status quo and make the role what they want it to be.
- Develop & optimize processes - scale new and existing processes to allow the business to efficiently operate and grow; analyze the business to track and improve metrics
- Analytics - analysis of job seeker and employer metrics to properly allocate supply, guide incentive programs and ensure high-quality experiences on the Vahan platform
- Hustle & creative solutioning - constantly innovating to solve hard problems.
- 1-3 years of experience in comparable roles
- Ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment
- Strong analytical thinking and data-driven approach to problem solving
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to deliver projects with full autonomy and within demanding timelines
- Passion for creating a positive impact on people’s lives
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow
- SQL knowledge a plus, but not required
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
- Commensurate with experience (cash + bonus + equity)
1-3 years of experience in comparable rolesAbility to take initiative in a constantly changing work environmentStrong analytical thinking and data-driven approach to problem solvingHighly motivated self-starter with an ability to deliver projects with full autonomy and within demanding timelinesPassion for creating a positive impact on people’s livesStrong sense of ownership and determination to get things doneHumility and eagerness to learn and growSQL knowledge a plus, but not required