Sales Manager (full time)
At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y-Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We're seeking a full-time Sales Manager in Bangalore, India, to help us grow our coverage across various industries by selling our product into large enterprises across On-Demand/E-commerce, Retail, BFSI, BPO, Hospitality and Healthcare.
Working with our CEO and Product team, you will conceive appropriate go-tomarket strategies in line with our business goals. You will also be in-charge of customer development – bringing feedback from the market back to Product. You will be writing the sales playbook for Vahan so that it can be implemented throughout the sales org.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position that will require you to assume a number of different roles.
- Help get to Rs. 70 lac in monthly revenue by EoY 2020 (30% ownership)
- Grow Vahan’s Sales Team to 15 people by EoY 2020
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
Compensation will be commensurate with experience (cash + commission + equity)
- 3-8 years of experience in selling technology products to Operations and HR departments at corporates in India
- Experience managing a team of hunters and farmers
- Bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup
Other key skills and capabilities:
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of customer needs
- Ability to objectively determine alignment between customer’s needs and our product
- Ability to present value proposition and business cases with clear quantitative RoI; analytical thinking
- Ability to build and maintain healthy relationships with customers and key accounts
- Ability to communicate clearly across customers, business and product team
- Efficiency & Organization: Excellent organization and prioritization skills; experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce or Prosperworks
- Follow-up: Religious about follow-ups
- Communication: Clear and easy communicator (spoken and written)
- Presentation: You are able to create and deliver presentations suited to the audience’s need
- Negotiation: Master of the art and science of negotiation
- Empathy: You like to listen first and then respond; you don’t react
- Excitement: Passionate about Vahan’s mission