Senior Frontend Engineer (Full-Time)
At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using
WhatsApp. We’re a Y Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors
such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google
and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We’re seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer in Bangalore, India, to take on and provide
technical leadership on the Frontend side to major projects, especially our mobile
- Drive the future of Frontend products in the industry and create world class performance for all of Vahan’s products.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and Experience Designers to iterate on the design and implementation of our product.
- Work with Data Scientists and Back-end Engineers to build features and ship experiments.
- Build efficient and reusable front-end systems and abstractions.
- Find and address performance issues.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Identify and communicate front-end best practices.
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun.
Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly
positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground
for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
- Commensurate with experience (cash + bonus + equity)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent practical experience.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, including technical management of software developers and system administrators/architects.
- Demonstrated web performance profiling, troubleshooting and optimization experience. Familiar with web performance best practices.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals.
- Strong motivation to drive impact by making product or infrastructure improvements.
- Pro-activeness, good communication and fast learning.
- Interest in working in a very cross-functional team that touches many of the core systems and user flows.
- Passion for creating large-scale positive impact on people’s lives.
- Strong sense of ownership and determination to get things done.
- Humility and eagerness to learn and grow.