Senior Sales Manager (Full-Time)
At Vahan, we’re helping 300M+ low-skilled workers in India find jobs using WhatsApp. We’re a Y-Combinator company that is backed by marquee investors such as Khosla Ventures and Founders Fund; several executives from Google and Flipkart are also investors in the company.
We're seeking a full-time Senior Sales Manager in Bangalore, India, to help us grow our coverage across various industries by selling our product into large enterprises across On-Demand/E-commerce, Retail, BFSI, BPO, Hospitality and Healthcare.
Working with our CEO and Product team, you will conceive appropriate go-to-market strategies in line with our business goals. You will also be in-charge of customer development – bringing feedback from the market back to Product. You will be writing the sales playbook for Vahan so that it can be implemented throughout the sales org.
This is a highly entrepreneurial position that will require you to assume a number of different roles.
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Ability to objectively determine alignment between customer’s needs and our product.
- Ability to present value proposition and business cases with clear quantitative RoI; analytical thinking.
- Ability to build and maintain healthy relationships with customers and key accounts.
- Ability to communicate clearly across customers, business and product teams.
Skills & Qualifications
- Efficiency & Organization: Excellent organization and prioritization skills; experience with CRM systems such as Salesforce or Prosperworks.
- Follow-up: Religious about follow-ups.
- Communication: Clear and easy communicator (spoken and written).
- Presentation: You are able to create and deliver presentations suited to the audience’s needs.
- Negotiation: Master of the art and science of negotiation.
- Empathy: You like to listen first and then respond; you don’t react.
- Excitement: Passionate about Vahan’s mission.
- 5-8 years of experience in selling technology products to Operations and HR departments at corporates in India.
- Experience managing a team of hunters and farmers.
- Bonus points if you’ve worked at a rapidly growing startup.
Why you’ll LOVE this job
We’re a small team that enjoys working hard, getting a lot done and having fun. Not to mention that you’ll get to work on a product that is making a profoundly positive impact on people’s lives. We also provide an outstanding training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs.
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need to rejuvenate.
- You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Indiranagar, Bangalore’s most happening neighborhood!
- Commensurate with experience (cash + commission + equity).